Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 13:07:25 -0500

Back when I still used bitmap fonts I preferred -- at least in the Xorg
era -- to use the bdf fonts directly instead of converting them to pcf.

By then the computers I had were already fast enough that pcf provided
no benefit.  There even was talk on the xorg lists at that time of
dropping pcf support from xserver, although that never progressed.

I'm sure I was not alone.

Therefore, the bdf naming ought to match the pcf naming.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6