[Fsfe-uk] Minutes from the recent meeting

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Minutes from the recent meeting
Date: 20 Nov 2001 18:45:20 +0000

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 15:42, Vanessa Conchodon wrote:
>  I suppose that was discussed yesterday.
>  Did someone take notes?
>  I am interested to read them.

Okay, here (attached) is the gzipped text version - it's only ~4kb, so
hopefully people don't mind me attaching it directly. The abiWord
original is at:

        http://www.alex.uklinux.net/docs/minutes-18112001-1.abw.gz
                (6.8kb)

People should take note of the direct actions listed, particularly for
the next meeting, which will be on IRC. People will need to be
registered on OpenProjects. Alasdair Kergon has provided the following
memes in the hope they are informative for people registering ...

          http://www.openprojects.org/using_the_network.shtml
          /msg nickserv help
          /msg nickserv register <password>
          /msg nickserv identify <password>

..and also some post-meeting notes:

        Action 8:
          SAGE-WISE: http://www.sage-wise.org/about_us/constitution.php

        Action 9:
          UKUUG: http://www.ukuug.org/m&a/
          ISOC:  http://www.england.isoc.org/rules.rhtm

        PKI exercise:

http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/planning-os-pki/paper-for-workshop-15-06-2001.html

I'm planning on maintaining a list of all information, decisions and
other useful tit-bits like these (those directly related to the list of
actions within the minutes), and cross-linking them with the minutes so
that the progress on each point can be clearly seen. Does anyone have
any objections/ideas for this approach?

PS. The text version still has some funny characters in it - I'm looking
into this.