Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lobbying

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lobbying
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:59:32 GMT

Another handy link is http://www.faxyourmp.com/

> but our MP is Cheryl Gillan, who's a whip but doesn't have direct
> responsibility for IT.  And she's not in government (Conservative).  Would
> the DTI be better?

I think we probably have to lobby three groups.  First of all, it would be
good for MPs in general to be introduced to Free Software, because they all
can vote on the issue and you never know when they'll be a (Prime?)
minister.  Secondly, the ministers and advisors responsible for fields
related to Free Software must be lobbied.  Finally, we must not forget the
parliaments either side of national level, the MEPs, MSPs/AMs and council
members who at the very least set high-level procurement policy for their
organisations.

Does that sound sane?
--