[Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:35:44 +0000

I am afraid that whilst I am completely unqualified to make a judgement
on this matter as a complete `Newbie', as I understand very little of
either the soft or hardware. However I do understand and have fully
bought into the philosophy.

Therefore I am completely unable to accept :-
> Just use `Linux'. Trying to explain it isn't worthwhile since it
> isn't of importance to your audience *at this stage* and the single
> page of A4 has already become slightly crammed IMHO compared to the
> earlier version. We can't spare the space on something that isn't
> important to them.

It is my understanding that one will not work without the other, also
that when the `Hurd' project comes to fruition `Linux' will be able to
run without Linux, and how is that to be explained to the Public? Of
course I may have misunderstood, but that does not change my stance on
this matter.

This is after all the AFFS we are discussing and not `Open Source UK'.
--
John Seago