Re: [Fsfe-uk] education

From: Rob Bradford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] education
Date: 18 Mar 2002 21:43:35 +0000

I'm responsible for a Debian GNU/Linux powered proxy server using squid
for web caching at my school. There was a need for caching due to the
poor connectivity we have and the choice was obvious compared with a
commercial solution RM were trying to sell us for about 2 grand.

The lesson to be learnt from this is that it is not just staff who can
make the difference but persuasive students. It has been an uphill
struggle but i'm pleased with what i have achieved.

Ta
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
http://robster.org.uk