[Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux, Linux divide

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux, Linux divide
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:41:25 +0000

i am of the opinion that the appellation GNU/Linux must be used from
the word go. If some find it difficult to grasp then it needs
explaining. I can see very little point in even trying to begin AFFS
unless GNU is included, it's the main plank of it's structure, what
would Linux run on if not for GNU?

To reiterate, I am of the opinion that we can not perpetuate and extend
the laziness of calling the system by the kernel's name.

John Seago