Re: [Fsfe-uk] The threat of a good example continued

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The threat of a good example continued
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:26:17 +0100

Hi Steve!

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:46:28PM +0100, Steve Kehoe wrote:
> For those of you who missed this news item I would

Thanks, I missed it! It was also interesting to read, that the Mexican
attempt went bust. :-(

> As well it presents a powerful case for Free Software
> (free to use, study, modify & redistribute) in Public
> Administration. So powerful in fact we should be using
> the Puruvian example to draft our own such laws for
> schools, hospitals, police, local authorities, etc.
> wherever the Public Interest must be protected and
> best served now and for the future.

Can we get an English translation of the proposed law? We could try to adapt
that to the UK legal system and pass it to local MPs as a proposal,
including the correspondence between MS Peru and the official from the Peru
administration. I would like to see the impact of such an attempt. Whether
they would turn it down immeadiately or if they would pass it on and discuss
it with other MPs.

> Comments welcome, but first read the the Nuñez's text

Do you volunteer to take this task up? Could you prepare this information
for us? I think, this is definitely a very good opportunity and we should
give it a try!

Thanks for bringing this up!!!

Bye,
Marc