Re: [Fsfe-uk] The threat of a good example continued

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The threat of a good example continued
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:22:45 +0100

Ramin Nakisa wrote:

> Roads would be a better analogy.  It would
> be unthinkable for the companies who build roads to retain ownership to those
> roads.

You mean like the new motorway to relieve the M6 at Birmingham
;) Toll Roads are an old idea.

I think my problem with analogies is software IS different.

Stallman uses recipes sometimes, which are at least closer than
material objects, you don't expect a recipe book to cost 1000
pounds, or to charge based on the size of the dinner party you
are cooking for.