[Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt

From: Nick Hockings
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:13:43 +0200 (SAST)

> To: address@hidden
> From: MJ Ray <address@hidden>

> Shall we create an "adopt a politician" site?  I'm blatently stealing
> the idea from STAND, but the idea here is more to get hard details on
> adopter/adoptee exchanges of information, so we can find out what does
> and doesn't work, as well as know the opinions of various politicians.
> Start with MPs and then try for council, union and association leaders and
> other likely future MPs.

This sounds like a good idea, it will definately help record keeping,
organization, and sharing of lessons learnt. May I suggest adding newspapers,
magazines, radio, and TV channels.

That way we should find one or more readers/listeneners of each to take
responsibiity for monitoring each. When an article needs reply from us we can
all write as private citizens. The effect is a large public response on free
software issues.

Nick Hockings
<address@hidden>
<address@hidden>,