Re: [Fsfe-uk] On software patents

From: Alex McLintock
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] On software patents
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:54:16 +0000

I can confirm that this sort of patent exchange goes on in British companies too, at least in my 1994 experience. I worked for BICC which builds things and used to make cables. They had a whole legal department taking out patents and using them as "currency" when arguing patent infringements with other companies.

This wasn't software related though, thankfully.

Alex