[Fsfe-uk] Anyone Else going to this Conference?

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Anyone Else going to this Conference?
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:59:54 +0100

I attach a message from the FreeBSD users group list wihivh may be of some
interst:

Encapsulated message

Content-Type=message/rfc822
Content-Description=embedded message
From: "cb" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Subject: A bit OT - Urban Myths?
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:21:31 +0100

Hello

I'm due to present a paper later this month at an international teachers
conference with the title "Open Source Software - A Bridge Across the
Digital Divide?" which will include some FreeBSD advocacy.

In considering some of MS Windows shortcomings, there are a couple of
supposed pronouncements by Bill Gates from many years ago I would like to
reference, the gist of each being as follows:
1. That there is no reason why any personal computer would ever need more
tha a megabyte of RAM; [maybe around 1985]
2. That the internet was a passing fad or a flash in the pan which would
never amount to anything. [maybe around 1993]

Can anybody confirm that he ever said or wrote anything similar to either
of
the above, if possible with a reference --  or have I simply collected up a
couple of urban myths?

Many thanks for any help
Charles Brewster

End of encapsulated message