[Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBCcall

From: Paul
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBCcalls for statements (fwd)]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:40:52 +0100

Hi,

A reply from Bill Thompson (the chap who did the SCO copyrights piece
for BBC Online)

This came totally out of the blue as well!

TTFN

Paul
--
One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them
One email client to bring them all
And through security holes, blind them...
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBCcalls for statements (fwd) Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:57:06 +0100
Hi
It seems you'd like to beat my head in with a spade... interesting
response,
I thought, and a very good demonstration of exactly the sort of attitude
that I was criticising in the piece.  If you don't accept that the Linux
kernel and the GNU distribution are potentially open to the inclusion
of code that belongs to other people, or that since the GPL depends
on US copyright law all those developing open source have to uphold
that law - however much they may dislike some its implications - then
there
probably is no hope.

regards
Bill Thompson

----
"You'll have to pry my private key from my cold dead hands" "Your
proposal is acceptable..."

Bill Thompson. http://www.andfinally.com/

--- End Message ---