Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:34:14 +0100

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 18:41, Nick wrote:
> I have T-shirts and Free Software Free Society books. Would it be
> possible to sell some merchandise at Linux Expo? If so, how many books/
> T-shirts would be sensible?

I don't see why not, if no-one else has objections - frankly, it would
brighten the stand up a bit. CDR have traditionally flogged t-shirts,
and tend to sell fairly well - over the two days, you could probably get
rid of 40 or so, depending on designs etc.

> What is your favourite GNU T-shirt Design?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/gear/FSFS-tshirt.html
> http://www.nickhill.co.uk/dynamicduo.jpg

For me, these two. The Free Society one puts the word Free in context,
works well IMO. The second one is much more modern looking than the trad
ones, and IMO projects a better image of the FSF/Gnu project.

> Do you prefer black or white T-shirt?

Personally, white. Geeks are well-known for preferring black AFAIK
though, but then I'm not really much of a geek. Received wisdom - I
think - is black tees in either large or extra-large.