[Fsfe-uk] Funding Open Source

From: Paul
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Funding Open Source
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:30:53 +0100

Hi,

One of the biggest problems I have found in developing Scribus has been
that it can only be done as I (as well as Franz and Peter) have full
time jobs.

While I'm not saying there is anything wrong in that, it does seriously
eat into development time.

I'd love there to be someway that the likes of Scribus could be funded
to an extent where the three of us can develop the software, yet still
have a living wage - much in the same way as the main bunch behind
OpenOffice are employed by Sun, yet they are exclusively on the
OpenOffice product.

Pity there isn't some big company out there willing to do this with not
only Scribus, but the likes of Rosegarden, Lilypond and Cinerella.

Oh well, I can but dream...

Mmmmmm, Eutopia.....

TTFN

Paul