[Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship 2

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship 2
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:43:15 +0100

Revised after responses to the first version, posted to fsfe-uk on 14 Oct 2003. The part about AFFS items has changed completely. The uncontroversial part about AFFS sponsoring has only had the "5%" request removed. I did not see any consensus forming on some points, so they are asked as questions.

Proposal:

* AFFS items should not be sponsored.

* AFFS must invite donations.

* Donors must be listed on the current donor listing page on the AFFS site for 1 year, unless they choose otherwise.

* AFFS promotional materials should include the donor listing URL.

* Sponsorship of items by AFFS may be undertaken when the item furthers the aims of AFFS.

* Sponsor messages must be approved by the executive committee.

Notes: "must" indicates an obligation; "should" indicates an intention, but there is no liability or penality for not acting as described.

Particular questions of interest:

* How should the listing of donors be ordered? There were advocates of alphabetic, contribution, dates and combinations of these.

* How should we handle non-monetary donations? There were advocates of conversion to monetary value and separate listing.

* Should we set a "minimum listing donation" level? I am worried about a "denial of service" attack on the treasurer from lots of silly small donations.

* Could someone else draft an advert RFC, please?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden