Re: VB was Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?

From: Kevin Donnelly
Subject: Re: VB was Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:58:51 +0000

On Monday 05 January 2004 12:00 am, Chris Croughton wrote:
> If someone tells me, I wish there was something as good as VB for X.

Since you have some experience of using VB, I'd be interested (if you have
time) in your views on a couple of "VB for Linux" apps:
Gambas (http://gambas.sourceforge.net)
HBasic (http://hbasic.sourceforge.net)

The latter segfaults with me, but the former seems to work OK.  I have never
used VB, so I can't make any judgements about how these apps perform in
comparison, but it would be nice to know if they are around the 50%, 70% or
30% mark at the minute.

--

Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly