Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:37:31 +0000

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:47, Mark Preston wrote:

> M$ hotmail** and MSN service may be "free",
it is non-free. it makes one a slave and to be used to enslave others.
I appreciate the quirk in English and all but I do not wish to give in
an inch to these criminals.

>  but doesn't their terms of service entitle
> Microsoft to any intellectual property discussed on their system at no charge
> themselves? Amongst other things!
This is some real news.
Have you got a pointer?

Also is it the same for the Yahoo groups?
(I spend a lot of my time in these groups over free software matters)

Regards,

Ramanan