Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:37:25 +0000

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 13:18, Paul wrote:

> I still can't understand people using hotmail and MSN when Yahoo
> provide the same service, but without the spam and tiedowns.

Because it comes packed in the box. I  can't blame people if they though
hotmail was the BIOS.

Because that is what the default page in most places.

Because Microsoft has a huge psy-op to make people think office, email
even the Internet is something to do with that brilliant Bill Gates in
BBC, Sky, Sun, Mirror, ..., Independent, ... basically everywhere except
the AFFS homepage.

You must put yourself in the shoes of the real end user to understand
what is fast becoming deep questions for this list.
(someone forwarded a quip 'do I care what is libre?' from another list
and it is true. People do not know how serious the issue of software
libre is.
AFFS homepage has great picture but no one ever sees it except me when I
am bored)

Regards,

Ramanan