Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Updating www.affs.org.uk

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Updating www.affs.org.uk
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:17:12 +0000

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 13:56 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Regarding the list, what are you actually looking for:  content ideas,
> > content creation, design ideas or design creation?  I'll have a look and
> > get back to you sometime.
>
> Personally, I'm looking for content ideas, creation and most
> importantly maintenance. I'm pretty sure there's some stuff
> there which is out-of-date and some which can be improved.

I think updating the content is most important. I'm currently working on
the patents area.

I should also mention that sources are permanently available on the
website itself, and we could probably give better access to people who
wanted to do more major work.

If anyone wants any information on how the website works - particularly
the XSL stuff, which probably needs some cleaning up and documenting -
feel free to ask me.

> I'll try to respond positively to design ideas, but other people
> were involved in designing the current site, so I'll be cautious
> about upsetting people with drastic design changes.

Based on previous experience (people mostly playing with the frontpage),
so long as the change is genuinely positive I don't think anyone's nose
will be out of joint. We're aware the current site doesn't look terribly
good.

Cheers,

alex.