Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Software Magazine got cheaper

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Software Magazine got cheaper
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:08:53 +0000

On Friday 11 Mar 2005 15:15, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 14:30, Samuel Liddicott wrote:
> > $24 a year for PDF access is around £1 per month, and for the content it
> > provides this is most excellent value, and its a highly credible
> > magazine, it a political mouthpiece.
>
> Personally, I'd find a Free Software magazine more credible if it was
> released to all under a free documentation license.

It is, after six weeks. Unless you don't agree that some of the licenses
authors choose are free (e.g. Creative Commons licenses with the
"non-commercial" and "no derivatives" clauses).

Or maybe you object to the business model of keeping issues back from
non-subscribers for six weeks to encourage subscribers?

Regards,
Tom