Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Software Magazine got cheaper

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Software Magazine got cheaper
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:21:58 +0000

On Saturday 12 March 2005 08:16, Jason Clifford wrote:
> So are *you* offering to finance the costs of producing and distriubuting
> the magazine to make this possible?

No, but as a member of the free software community, I'd offer to write an
article once in a while, and if maybe to mirror a public distribution site or
at least to run a bittorrent seed.  The only time you need corporate-style
finances and resources is when you choose to be a top-down distribution and
enforcement organisation.  To me, that's not what free software is about.

--
Lee.