[Fsfe-uk] M$ jump on the poverty bandwagon

From: Martyn
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] M$ jump on the poverty bandwagon
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:50:46 -0400

Is it just me, or did it rile anyone else that Mr Gates appeared on Live8?

I didn't catch his entire "speech", but to me, it just gets my goat that someone whos company spends such an amount on advertising products, spreading FUD about Free alternatives to expensive software which keeps people in poverty or piracy is claiming to be against poverty.

I can appreciate that the big names lending their support might impact on the G8, but to me it just reeks of a publicity stunt to make people think that M$ actually have morals.

Just wondering if we can use this two-facedness in pro-FS literature, and felt like a bit of a rant, hope noone minds.

--
Martyn Ranyard