[Fsfe-uk] m wrote:

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] m wrote:
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:06:47 +0100

> http://beerandspeech.org/fsfe/bbc-ms-deal/

Comment on second draft, perhaps too late:

I think this paragraph:
Technically the content that Microsoft will deliver
will not be "digital content anytime, anywhere and on
any device" as Bill Gates claims [0]. I would love
that this were true.

is ambiguous and I suggest:
Experience suggests that the content that Microsoft will deliver
technically will not be "digital content anytime, anywhere and on
any device" as Bill Gates claims [0]. I would love that the quote
were true, but it is unlikely to happen if Microsoft's notorious
embrace-and-extend capture is allowed into a BBC partnership.

Small ytpos:

applications that have been licenced by Microsoft for
                            ^^^^^^^^ verb is "licensed"

system you unable to access content on the website.
         ^^^ missing "will be"?

controlled by a foriegn mega-corporation.
                   ^^ ei                ^^ ? to end question

I'd also suggest trying to work in some allusion to the public
value tests and that Microsoft does not work for public value,
but I can't seem to phrase it myself just now.

Hope that helps,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble