Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft

From: Martin Fitzpatrick
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:47:02 +0100

On 30/09/06, Simon Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 11:45 +0100, Gareth Bowker wrote:

This is a very rushed first draft of a response - I've literally typed
it out in one go and posted it as I'm rushing off to the Defective By
Design event in London today.

http://beerandspeech.org/fsfe/bbc-ms-deal/

Sorry for the late response I was away at the weekend for the Great
North Run - if that's not a good excuse I don't know what is!

Good letter overall just one thing that jumped out:

"Is it suitable that data generated by the
licence payers be stored in an inaccessible format
controlled by a foriegn mega-corporation."

This segment should have a question mark at the end as it stands, and
also foreign is misspelt. Personally, instead of a rhetorical question
I would prefer the stronger statement:

"It is not suitable for data generated by the licence payers to be
stored in an inacessible format controlled by a foreign
mega-corporation."

Hopefully not too late to make it!

Thanks for taking the time to write the letter,

Martin Fitz