[Fsfe-uk] Grants programme

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Grants programme
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:27:41 +0000 (GMT)

UKFSN has finally reached a point where it starting to make a profit and
my projections are for UKFSN to starting making a worthwhile profit during
the course of the next few months.

Accordingly I expect to be in a position where UKFSN will have £500 to
distribute every month during 2007. I'm aware of a potential change in the
broadband market which may well increase that a fair bit.

I'm conscious of the fact that the existing grants programme has only
awarded 1/4 of the money UKFSN donated to date and it seems that the main
reason for this is that nobody knows about the programme or what can be
applied for.

Over the last couple of weeks I put out the word among UKFSN users and
asked them to let others know that money is available.

Is it likely that AFFS will be in a position to move forward with a
programme to get this money out to developers?

Has anyone other than Bastien Nocera actually applied for a grant?

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG                       Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/             up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98