Re: [Fsfe-uk] Grants programme

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Grants programme
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:15:25 +0000

Jason Clifford asked:
> Has anyone other than Bastien Nocera actually applied for a grant?

Yes.  When I left, according to my notes, there had been another five.

Two were asked to reapply with changes, one was asking for more money
than we could provide so we wanted to find out what we could do within
the limit, and two applications for money to buy non-free software were
declined. IIRC, the one I asked to reapply never answered email and had
no other contact details, but I don't know what happened to the other
applications, because I resigned not long after that.

I also proposed actively offering grants to Lug Radio Live 2005 and
debian Bug Squashing Parties, but those ideas weren't liked because it
wasn't clear what improvement or value could be directly attributed to
the grants.

Hope that explains,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble