Re: [Fsfe-uk] Report from BCS OSSG meeting on a new FS license

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Report from BCS OSSG meeting on a new FS license
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:38:30 +0100

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 14:27 +0100, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Alex Hudson <address@hidden> writes:
> > On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:32 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > > Were statements from SPI, FSF, debian, or anyone else given?
> >
> > No.
>
> I submitted a statement - but given the complete lack of support for the
> licence proposal, maybe the people I sent it to decided that such statements
> were unnecessary overkill.

Well, to be clear, they did collect some statements: there were some
slides in the introduction which had the pro- and ante- arguments, but
they weren't attributed at all, and I think they just picked each
distinct point. So it might be that your statement was actually
included, but only as an argument and not as a position statement.

Amusingly, the pro- arguments barely filled two slides (IIRC), whereas
the ante- just fit into five.