Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web sit

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:49:05 +0000

Chris Lale <address@hidden> wrote:
> Neil Darlow wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 10:49 +0000, Tom Chance wrote:
> >> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/linuxbbc
> >
> > Whilst I am happy to sign any petition in relation to this, I'm not so
> > sure about using one that's backed by a LLC and solicits donations.
>
> As far as I can see, you can't sign without donating.

It only asked me if I wanted to donate on the page that told me I'd
signed.  It wasn't obvious that I'd signed at first, as the "you've
signed" heading was much less prominent than the "donate here" form.

You should have an email confirmation if you've signed.

I'm indifferent to that LLC - they seem to have fairly good aims, but
are a bit secretive for my liking.  I want to obsolete SurveyMonkey
more than ipetitions, but phpsurveyor has taken a turn for the worse
lately, going a bit AJAX/we-hate-the-disabled.  So, what to use?

Anyway, hope that explains,