Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web sit

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 20:04:13 +0000

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 05:51:37PM +0000, Matthew Blissett wrote:

> On Friday 02 November 2007 17:36:29 Chris Lale wrote:
> > Neil Darlow wrote:

> > > Whilst I am happy to sign any petition in relation to this, I'm not so
> > > sure about using one that's backed by a LLC and solicits donations.
> >
> > As far as I can see, you can't sign without donating.
>
> At the top of the donation page it said something like "Your signature has
> been recorded".  Other petition sites are much better though, I've never been
> asked for a donation before.
>
> A group on Facebook called "I run Linux and read the BBC website" (number
> 21236595408) has 466 members at this moment.

I don't have anything to do with Facebook.  Not lynx friendly.

> I wonder if they count news.bbc.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk seperately, since I
> know lots of people who read BBC News but very few who look at the rest of
> the BBC's sites.

I quite often look at the Radio 3 part of their website to find out what
the music was that I liked (I tend to listen when driving, so miss
announcements and can't write down the names at the time).  Otherwise
mainly the news site.

Chris C