Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web sit

From: Matthew Blissett
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:51:37 +0000

On Friday 02 November 2007 17:36:29 Chris Lale wrote:
> Neil Darlow wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 10:49 +0000, Tom Chance wrote:
> >> If you've used GNU/Linux to access the beeb, can you sign the petition
> >> below? Please circulate widely.
> >>
> >> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/linuxbbc
> >
> > Whilst I am happy to sign any petition in relation to this, I'm not so
> > sure about using one that's backed by a LLC and solicits donations.
>
> As far as I can see, you can't sign without donating.

At the top of the donation page it said something like "Your signature has
been recorded".  Other petition sites are much better though, I've never been
asked for a donation before.

A group on Facebook called "I run Linux and read the BBC website" (number
21236595408) has 466 members at this moment.

I wonder if they count news.bbc.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk seperately, since I
know lots of people who read BBC News but very few who look at the rest of
the BBC's sites.

--
Matt