Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software jobs

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software jobs
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:26:02 +0000

On 11/01/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carsten Agger <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but is there some sort of directory
> > of free software jobs in the UK?

> Other than that, it's a case of working for yourself and building a
> free software business in competition with existing proprietary
> suppliers, which is what I'm doing as part of a cooperative.

Do you find this quite a successful venture?

I myself work with GNU+Linux, but typically clients wish to keep
software developed closed.. although if a product containing GPL
software is only rented or leased to consumers by a client, do they
have to offer them source code anyway? They may only have the product
for a few weeks/months.

Kind regards, Jon