Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software jobs

From: Rob Myers
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software jobs
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:01:50 +0000

Dave Crossland wrote:
On 12/01/2008, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 11:38:09AM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
You have to at least give them an offer to the source, but you don't
have to give them the source unless they ask (which I would imagine they
wouldn't).
... and how you must do so is clearly specified in the licence text.

... and which may be longer than the period they are "renting" it for.

I don't think it's possible to rent GPL software. The requirement that you stop using it after a certain date or if you stop paying would be an extra restriction that the GPL would not allow.

(Sorry if I'm mangling the content of this thread. :-) )

- Rob.