Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:46:14 +0000

Hi Dave,

> Sorry if my wording was poorly structured and ambiguous.
> Originally you said,

> This seems like a "This statement is false" kind of paradox :-)

You've lost me there, it seems like a statement of what I'd like them to
do, but I don't think it matters...

> Personally, if I don't want to discuss a topic, I'll just ignore it.
> I hope you'll consider that approach.

OK.  Two things.  You suggested to this list that having told you and
others to shut up discussing GNU+Linux on the Dorset LUG list I then
came here and brought up that very discussion.  I didn't, as I hope is
now clear, I was bringing up the lugmaster discussion, of which it seems
you had no visibility, which happened to occur soon after.  So I'm not
as much of a hypocrite as it may seem.  :-)

The reason for bringing it up will hopefully be made clear in my
half-written reply to Ciaran and Shane, but asking for EUR60 on the one
hand whilst castigating us for calling it "Linux" isn't a great way to
persuade people to open their wallets.

Hopefully, that's an end to it and I can return to my other draft.  :-)

Cheers,

Ralph.