Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:06:13 +0100

On 08/01/2008, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:23:46PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > I'd like to see the FSF and all its advocates stop their effort at
> > retronaming Linux as GNU+Linux
>
> Retronaming? Are you kidding?

It saddens me that Ralph reads history this way - especially after I
spent tens of hours on the unpublished-archived Dorset GNU+Linux User
Group mailing list  :-(

> > putting the backs up of many people who are on their side to start
> > with,
>
> You mean like Linus and his merry men? Or perhaps ESR and the OSI?
> Ha. Sure.

The lengthy discussions on the Dorset list last month resulted in some
list members mailing Ralph (who admins the list) offlist to complain
about the discussion, presumably because they don't know how to use
the advanced "mute thread" features of their email clients, and Ralph
said "the thread is now declared closed and the topic unwelcome."

Which makes me surprised when you mentions it here, Ralph.

--
Regards,
Dave