Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:25:40 +0100

(resending, since the list is configured to only accept txt mail)

Hi,

On 1/23/08, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 21/01/2008, Andrew Savory <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > You imply by association that not running a free software OS means one hates
> > freedom. In that case, thank goodness my OS (Darwin) is built with free
> > software! http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5/
>
> Doing some more research into Darwin, I found these two pages that may
> be of interest:
>
> http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/writing/osfail.html
> http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/writing/gettingos.txt

We all know that switching to an open source model is difficult,
especially for large proprietary software companies. Of course they'll
screw up (heck, even the all-new all-gnu Sun get it wrong, despite the
wealth of OS people they have advising them: just look at their open
directory project for an example).

No news here, nothing to see, move along, move along.

(This is why I do what I do: helping customers understand how open
development is better than just jumping on the open source marketing
train.)

 A.