Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:37:48 +0100

On 24/01/2008, Andrew Savory <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1/23/08, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/writing/osfail.html
> > http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/writing/gettingos.txt
>
> We all know that switching to an open source model is difficult,

Your proposition that Apple is switching to an "open source" model,
let alone one that respects software freedom, is IMHO misguided and
naieve, and their cynical manipulation of the software freedom
movement to comb for quality engineers who don't feel strongly about
software freedom is fully documented in those files.

Landoff in, reminding Noahhow much he sucks at programming, shows the
quality of engineers that Apple got with these poisonous tactics.
(Landoff was basically "Mr Darwin" and ran Darwin Ports.)

We are lucky he's left Apple and California's anti-non-compete laws
mean he's free to hack on OS X now he's left Apple.

--
Regards,
Dave