Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:31:30 +0000

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 12:58:53PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:01:16AM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> > Perhaps, given it's 2008 and in the wider world outside our bubble
> > HTML has become commonplace, we might consider letting through HTML
> > emails? It might do us some good to see what regular folks do with
> > their emails.
>
> -1
>
> I use mutt over ssh and HTML is already enough of a problem for me, I
> for one welcome stripping at the mailing list stage.

-1 for exactly the same reasons.

I don't understand the bit about "It might do us some good to see what
regular folks do with their emails".  We could find out how many idiots
there are who can't configure their software correctly?  We could find
out how many people using FLOSS email clients can't handle HTML emails?

Chris C