Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:24:24 +0000

Hi

Chris Croughton wrote on 25/01/08 15:31:
[...]
I don't understand the bit about "It might do us some good to see what
regular folks do with their emails".  We could find out how many idiots
there are who can't configure their software correctly?  We could find
out how many people using FLOSS email clients can't handle HTML emails?

Outlook, Thunderbird and all the main web mail (MSN, GMail, Yahoo etc) compose in HTML format. TBH, perhaps we should just allow HTML mails? I've yet to get some badly formatted mess of an HTML email (that was not spam) in all my years.

Kind regards, Jon