[Fsfe-uk] Free software book?

From: Carsten Agger
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Free software book?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:07:12 +0100

I'm thinking of buying someone in the UK (my girlfriend, actually) a
good book to explain the importance of free software.

Right now I'm kind of divided between Stallman's "Free Software, Free
Society", which contains some important essays but is also rather
fragmentary/eclectic, and Sam Williams' biography "Free as in Freedom"
which portrays the movement through a biography of Stallman, also
allowing other important voices - very notably that of Eben Moglen - to
come through.

Anybody here have any other/better suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Carsten

--
http://www.modspil.dk