Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software book?

From: Mark Preston
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software book?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:54:45 +0000

address@hidden wrote:
> Quoting Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden>:
>
>>> Cathedral and the Bazaar ?
>>
>> Bleh.  From what I've heard, it's not good.
>
> It's not, no. Raymond starts from a position of ignorance about how
> cathedrals were built and bazaars operated and goes downhill from there.
>
> - Rob.
Hi Rob,
I wonder if you would care to expand on what Raymond is ignorant of
regarding building cathedrals and operating bazaars, and why the
"Cathedral and Bazaar" allegory wrt free software is by implication
flawed. Having only bought things in Bazaars, and only visited a few
Cathedrals my ignorance in this area is quite broad.

--
Regards,
Mark Preston