Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:00:50 +0000

Dear John,

I have stopped paying my subscription to AFFS when it failed to invite
members to an AGM. As far as I remember it was a requirement for AFFS to
hold at least one annual meeting. So the situation might be really tricky in
legal terms. I also have not received any information from AFFS until August
2006 (when my postal address changed) and I have not received a confirmation
that my address update sent to address@hidden has been acted upon. I
have never received a reminder about outstanding subscription fees and I
never received a letter that my membership has come to an end. So, frankly,
I don't know if I'm still a member with outstanding fees or no member
anymore.

All the best,
Marc