[Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:30:23 +0000

If there are any of the subscribing members of the AFFS reading this
mailing list, then I would like to make the following suggestions,

a) that we ask someone who has experience of the AFFS finance and bank
account, to clarify the position of the account, and make what ever
arrangements are necessary to release the funds therein. I do not think
that it would be inappropriate to offer an honorarium to whoever manages
to sort out, as above, the financial aspects of what is left of the AFFS,
co-opting Mark Ray would seem to be the most expeditious method of doing
this,
and,
b) return those donations that are conditional to their original donors, if
possible, (I seem to recall that at the meting I attended in Birmingham
that someone had donated £1000.00, which I'm sure they can find a suitable
recipient or use for),
having done that,
c) disburse any remaining funds to some suitable body, the FSFE seems to me
to be the most suitable,
then,
d) the remaining members either wind up the AFFS, or re-launch it with a
more flexible, democratic, simple rule book, or simply not pay our next
years subscription and let the AFFS fade into the sunset.

However notwithstanding the foregoing, I will continue to pay my
subscription, and thus retain my membership until such time as I am
satisfied that the AFFS monies have either been returned from whence they
came or properly disposed of. As at the moment I seem to be the only
surviving member who has any interest in this matter I hereby volunteer to
act a Secretary to the AFFS, until such time as the remaining members make
their wishes known to me.

I can be contacted at the above email address, or at my home address,
 'Fasgadh'
Errogie
Inverness
Inverness-shire