fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] ADSL Modem

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] ADSL Modem
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:34:00 +0100

hi there,

So I'm so frustrated with my Linksys WAG54GS ADSL Router, running the stock firmware, crashing and freezing that I've decided to buy a widely recommended Linksys WRT54G cable router and flash it with the excellent OpenWRT.
(There are no 3rd party firmwares available for the WAG54GS)

Obviously, because I have an ADSL connection, I need a separate ADSL Modem to connect to the WRT54G.

Can anyone recommend a very good, reliable brand/model of ADSL modem - I don't want to buy a great switch but some unstable modem that is just as unreliable...

Thanks,

Tim

P.s. I'm fairly certain it is a problem with the WAG54GS not luser error - I've been running mtr traces at a remote machine every 5 mins for the past month (email me if you'd like to see them), the router has crashed about once a week at least... :-/
--
www.tdobson.net
----