fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] ADSL Modem

From: tom
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] ADSL Modem
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:27:29 +0100 (BST)

> So, do I try the related-but-different 660HW or get a 660R and connect
> a WRT-like device behind it?

Up to you really but I chose to run WRT based device behind a 660R. The
only criteria I can think of is maybe if you run ipsec vpn with only one
IP address allocated, then you might want to prefer the single device
option.

> Are there any OpenWRT- or FreeWRT-ready ADSL-2+ and wifi routers on sale?

The only one I know is the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54DD [1], and it sits very
nicely behind my Zyxell, ;->

I bought because I didn't want to faff around. Mine came with dd-wrt v23,
so when v24 was released, I ended up updating it and it was really
painless.

Tom

[1]
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/products/wireless/wireless-g-mimo-performance/wireless-g-mimo-performance-router-with-dd-wrt/