gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on Linux/ppc

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on Linux/ppc
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:57:33 +0200

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:22 CEST, "Sebastian Reitenbach" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:34 CEST, Philippe Roussel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le 10/05/2012 00:59, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after all latest fix and patches, I tried my luck on ppc linux again
> > >
> > > ALSA: playes noise ( we need to figure endianness I guess)
> >
> > Should we add a -dataEndianness method to the Format protocol ?
> >
> > I'm also thinking about adding a configure script to handle the
> > dependencies. It could be used to check host endianness at build time.
>
> Due to the amount of external dependencies,I also thought about a configure
> script already,
> but since I never had to deal with all those auto-tools from scratch, I still
> tried to avoid it
> so far ;)
>

> > > OSS: spits out warning:
> > > 2012-05-10 00:46:13.112 Cynthiune[16272] error preparing output for 2
> > > channels at a rate of 44100
> > > But works
> > > AO: plays noise
> >
> > Which backend does libao use (in /etc/libao.conf) ?
> >
> > > :( Did you get other backends to play except for soundio on OpenBSD/ppc?
>
> At least libao for sure. aRts and Esound, I'm not 100% sure, but I'll verify
> later.

Libao, aRts, OSS, Esound, Sndio, all work on i386. On macppc, only AO and Sndio
seem to work. aRts was not tested, since qt3 doesn't build, so unable to build
aRts.
Tested OSS and Esound, but with both, nothing happens, when I press the play
button.
AO and Sndio are Thread based output bundles, the others not, maybe there is a
difference somewhere? Maybe bug in gnustep libs?

Sebastian