gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on Linux/ppc

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on Linux/ppc
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:12:24 +0200

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

At least libao for sure. aRts and Esound, I'm not 100% sure, but I'll verify
later.
Libao, aRts, OSS, Esound, Sndio, all work on i386. On macppc, only AO and Sndio
seem to work. aRts was not tested, since qt3 doesn't build, so unable to build
aRts.
Tested OSS and Esound, but with both, nothing happens, when I press the play
button.
AO and Sndio are Thread based output bundles, the others not, maybe there is a
difference somewhere? Maybe bug in gnustep libs?

hmm, for me on mac ppc, linux, I can run oss, alsa and ao succesfully. They may play garbage depending on the file, but that is only an endianness issue, they do "work".

I'm working on endianness settings, I found a few places were to start work. Then we shall tune it.

Riccardo