gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] disable autodetect of supported authentication mec

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] disable autodetect of supported authentication mechanisms for IMAP and SMTP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:53:51 +0200

Hi,

On 2012-08-17 12:17:12 +0200 "Sebastian Reitenbach" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

with my investigations with regard why the autodetction of of the authentication mechanism for SMTP is broken I found that the same is true for the IMAP too. In AccountEditorWindowController.m, in sendSupportedMechanismsButtonClicked: and in _connectToIMAPServer:, there a [aSMTP setDelegate:self] and respectively a [store setDelegate: self] is given. Then, when in those methods in AccountEditorWindowController.m the connect to the server is initiated, it goes
to Pantomime CWService.m _addWatchers method, which in the end calls:
PERFORM_SELECTOR_1(_delegate, @selector(connectionEstablished:), PantomimeConnectionEstablished); but the connectionEstablished: method in AccountEditorWindowController.m doesn't exist, and therefore it just doesn't work.

I tried adding a connectionEstablished:method to the AccountEditorWindowController.m, and I saw it getting called, but still, I was not yet able to figure out, how then to get the information needed to update the PopUp
fields with the right values.

connectionEstablished is defined in TaskManager ... so perhaps it should be the real delegate there? But I dont' see how and checked roughly if there are Mac differences and found none. However, I put a breakpoint there on the Mac and I didn't get there.

Riccardo