gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] File format for gcrystal

From: Jack Malmostoso
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] File format for gcrystal
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:04:33 +0100

Hello there,

I was trying to make gcrystal work (using version 0.8.6-2 in Debian Sid) and
I was wondering what is the correct input file in order to visualize a
structure.
CIF files don't work, so I have tried converting them with Openbabel
(version 2.2.0~beta4~r2299-1 from Debian Experimental), but I can't seem to
find the correct format among the many proposed by babel.
It seems that gcrystal looks for a .xml-like syntax, since it complains
that:

file:///home/jack/Desktop/gcrystal/licoo2.report:1: parser error : Start tag
expected, '<' not found

but babel has .xml in read only, so no luck there.
The documentation does not seem to help, and changelogs speak about initial
.cif support, but I can't seem to make it work.

I am also trying to compile versin 0.9.2 but it fails with:

/home/jack/Desktop/gcrystal/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.9.2/programs/paint/main.cc:67:
undefined reference to `gnome_authentication_manager_init'

and libgnomeui-dev is installed (version 2.20.1.1-1)

Any help?

Thank you so much!

 Sponsor:
 Cerchi un hotel per le prossime vacanze a Rimini, Riccione o Cattolica ?
Vai su ilportaledellevacanze.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7650&d=20080310