gchemutils-main

Re: [Gchemutils-main] File format for gcrystal

From: Jack Malmostoso
Subject: Re: [Gchemutils-main] File format for gcrystal
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:48:32 +0100

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 16:21 +0100, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> Really strange error :-(
> After more thinking, you might just remove the calls to
> gnome_authentication_manager_init and things should compile, anyway I'm
> about to remove in svn trunk.

Dear Jean,

after commenting out the references to gnome_authentication_manager_init
the software compiled without problems and I could play a bit with the
initial .cif file support, that is pretty nice if you ask me!

I could not find a way to visualize polyhedra instead of balls for
atoms, but I guess it's not implemented (yet).

Just as a reference, nowadays for Linux I am using the software Vesta:

http://www.geocities.jp/kmo_mma/crystal/en/vesta.html

which is pretty nice, comes in 32 and 64 bit x86 version but it's no
free software. The author (Koichi Momma) is very helpful though.

Thanks again for your help, keep up the good work!

--
A delighted, incredulous bride Remarked to her groom at her side : "I
never could quite Believe till tonight Our anatomies would coincide."

 Sponsor:
 Scopri le tue passioni con Leonardo.it!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7653&d=15-3