gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:23:00 -0500

- the other GDB perenial - stagnation

More for the record. I'm always seeing pressure to slow GDB's development, principably because it makes the maintenance of uncontributed code harder. Last year saw an increased level of pressure intended to slow GDB's development, I'm guessing in responce to an increase in GDB's rate of development.

Please expand upon this, for my education.  The proposed changes are
pressure (from GDB developers) to increase the rate of GDB's
development further.  I think that is more relevant to GDB as a GNU
project than commercial pressure to slow development - none of which I
remember seeing discussed publicly.

(I wasn't actually speaking to that proposal, rather responding to RMS's question of what problems I was seeing)

Lobying and similar pressures are, by definition, just beyond the public eye: back room deals, secret phone conferences, closed mailing lists, hidden web sites, .... However, it is still there.

Andrew